possible paypal scam

stephboo1
Contributor
Contributor

HI 

I accepted an offer on an item yesterday (relatively local buyer), i provided my email address for the payment and it was received immediately, however buyer then started asking loads of questions which was a bit over the top for a £50 tv, he arranged to collect it this morning and hasnt arrived i have gone to message him via messenger and our conversation has dissapeared from my list, i have messaged him and there is no response. I dont often sell things or give my information to people and am now really worried that i may have fallen foul of some kind of scam, can the buyer do anything with my paypal account or access any of my other information ??  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @stephboo1 

I hope all is well.

It is normal to provide our email address (should be confirmed) to receive money/payment from an individual and with the use of PayPal, we will be able to ensure that your account is protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else.

To report any potential fraud, you can send an email to spoof@paypal.com or click How do I report potential fraud to PayPal? for more information.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @stephboo1 

I hope all is well.

It is normal to provide our email address (should be confirmed) to receive money/payment from an individual and with the use of PayPal, we will be able to ensure that your account is protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else.

To report any potential fraud, you can send an email to spoof@paypal.com or click How do I report potential fraud to PayPal? for more information.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.