payment held??

simonsnoz
New Community Member

Hi.. I havent sold on Ebay for quite a while.... Ive been using as a buyer ... last time I sold on ebay was maybe 7 or 8 years back -- but .. just sold an item... and got this message after the auction ended from ebay  - 

eBay has requested that the money from this eBay sale is held temporarily. Money that has been put on hold by eBay will move to your available balance automatically within 21 days.

I have used the holding funds till receipt as a buyer before as a buyer... but thought the payment was sent to the buyer by ebay while the buyers funds were held.. However .. looking at my paypal .. I see absolutely so re to this sale , as a held fund sale , so unsure how to proceed, ie with the shipping, IM reluctant to ship till I can at least see some ref of the payment in my account , but so far I see nothing ..

thanks in advance for any clarity help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simonsnoz 

Could be 2 issues not sure..........

1. Can you do this to check why the funds are not in your paypal balance.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

The funds should be in your balance BUT....

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.