payment got received

barrowmanangel
Contributor
Contributor

i got a payment sent to me in USD $15.42 i had email saying i received it and my paypal says i got it but its not in balance normally i get asked if i want to accept this type of payment and i say yes and it gets changed into pounds but not this time anyone know whats happening is this a pay pal fault or something at the payees end?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barrowmanangel

Could it have automatically converted and then this happened?......

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barrowmanangel
Contributor
Contributor

nope not bought anything and i can't see anywhere the money would have been taken out i already had some money in the account that i was leaving there its still the same amount before i sent this money to my account 

Login to Me Too

bmeacham363
Contributor
Contributor
@barrowmanangel I have the same issue as you, been in contact with PayPal about this and they got back to me earlier with this 'There is a known issue currently which is causing some payments to not be accurately reflected on some accounts, and this seems like this may be affecting your account. Please know that our engineers are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. When a resolution has been found, it should be rolled out to your account' So hopefully will be sorted soon!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.