payment fraud - pay shipping

leifson
New Community Member

Hi,

I´m new to Paypal and I got this from a gmail address, transaction id U-04J03293E5202820W

Is it a fraud since I don´t see any transactions in my Paypal account and they are asking me to pay shipping fees before releasing the money to me. No info on where to send the scanned copy of bank transaction etc.

Message recieved:

The above sum includes the transport charges for the Merchandise, which means it has to be manually approved by us. Due to the sum of money involved, we have to take extra steps to protect the account holder

For us to release this payment and credit your account you will have to send the Transport charges to the Transport company Bank transfer and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of the Bank Transaction Receipt.

Note: For security reasons We have made sure this method of payment cannot be reversed or cancelled by your payee to ensure that you receive your money as soon as you complete the Bank transfer and get back to us with the Receipt/Proof of transfer for verification and immediate remittance of the total amount in your account. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leifson 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via anther payment processor than Paypal OR via providing some vouchers or tokens before the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leifson 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via anther payment processor than Paypal OR via providing some vouchers or tokens before the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

survivor2020
Contributor
Contributor

Am just glad i read this... i had a feeling that the emails sent to me were fraud "Asking me to pay in advance shipping cost because he has already made payment in my account but did not show any transaction when i checked". the email from the so called Paypal people insisted i go and pay immediately the shipping charges so the payment maybe credited to my account. i had doubts... since they were insisting on making me pay up immediately within the hour when it is 1AM in the morning here via money exchange (knowing they are closed). they sent me several emails giving stern warning of legal action if i dont proceed and seller-protection policy. after reading the thread here it just  confirmed my doubts. 

What is Fictitious is the name and email used Liu <removed> (Chinese). other emails saying they are from paypal 

When i updated by security access the email i receive looked was totally different from emails 

Look at the Names being the same but email addresses are different.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.