pawel_sieka

pawel_sieka
Contributor
Contributor

After issuing a receipt for the buyer, I get emails from paypal with the messag:

"Please note: We wish to inform you that Brandon has made her intentions known to PayPal that she will like £ 105.00 GBP to be sent to the recipient's address above via Steam Wallet Gift Card, Amazon Gift Card or Bitcoin Money Transfer.

This payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited into your account until the Amazon Gift Card or Bitcoin Receipt / Details is sent to us for verification, so as to secure both the buyer and the seller . Below are the relevant information required before your account will be credited:

All you have to do is to reply directly to this mail with the scanned copy of the receipt. Once it has been verified and the details above sent to us, you will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® Service informing you that your account has been credited

Please, understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

For more security measures, you are advised to send the scanned copy of the receipt Receipt / Details to PayPal first and wait until your account has been credited before disclosing it to the buyer and make sure you have received your total money before releasing the item bought by the buyer.

Because of the inconvenience this causes we are giving you the next two incoming transfers for free! You will pay no fees for your next two incoming transfers *.

Is this a normal paypal security instruction?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi @pawel_sieka

Please do not purchase or send any gift cards as this is not how it should be when you are selling an item. When you sell an item, the funds will be added to your PayPal balance and you will be able to see the funds on your PayPal account. Even if the funds are on hold you will see them showing as "on hold" on your account. Please do not send any funds, gift cards or the item until you can see the funds showing as completed on your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

pawel_sieka
Contributor
Contributor

In the second email I received such a message:

"For security reasons you will have to front the shipping cost to the shipping agent before you can have access to the whole payment. The total sum of £4,310.00 GBP has been credited to your account, but it will neither be displayed nor be available for spending. Due to security purposes, you will not have access to any of the funds until you send the pick up cost of £105.00 GBP to the shipping agent. However, we are doing this to protect both you and your buyer from online scam."

can you refer to this email?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@pawel_sieka this is not the type of email that we would send. We would not ask you to do this. Please do not send any funds or the item until you receive the funds into your PayPal account and the funds show as completed. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

pawel_sieka
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

You are very welcome @pawel_sieka

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.