opt out of stupid paypal business debit card

New Community Member

This shouldn't be allowed to happen.. sending cards to people WHO DID NOT SIGN UP.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Mattnjendoyle
New Community Member
My husband received a card and he does not have paypal account. How do you opt out if you have no account to log in to?
Login to Me Too

LEDice
New Community Member

I tried chatting with the card support people and was told to call in, for something I DO NOT WANT.  That is total BS.  The click on the link thing worked but I did not want to do that.  We are always told to not trust emails and links.  I should be able to login to my PP acct, locate the Opt-out option and click on it.  Its financial information, sending a link out is CRAZY!!  Especially for a solicitation forcing me into a product I did NOT want and did NOT ask for.  Come on PP, this is enough to make me question what else you are pushing me into and what are my other options out there.

Login to Me Too

WANDERERXLC
Contributor
Contributor

thanks clicking on the 'log in' button worked!

so frustrating! 

Login to Me Too

WANDERERXLC
Contributor
Contributor

👍Finally!  Thanks for the feedback!  they don't make it easy but you need to click on that 'log in' link (next to the arrow).

ONLY 45 mins of wasted time!

click hereclick here

Login to Me Too

Paypal shouldn't be allowed to pull **bleep**/stuff like this. I'm deleting my account if they try anything like this again 🙂

Login to Me Too

hfsonoma
New Community Member

Sending out an important business communication that requires a response via an emailed "log in" link rings alarm bells for anyone on the alert for phishing attempts.

Login to Me Too

Timeless12

Beware...I opted out of this stupid card back in late October.  They STILL sent me the damn thing, even after I "chatted" with someone last week, to confirm that I wouldn't' receive it (I have a copy of that conversation).  Despite all that effort it still showed up today.   Why bother offering the opt out function if you're NOT GOING TO HONOR IT!!   How is it legal to send out a credit card to people who did not request it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.