notify PayPal about the transaction

AL_on_Community
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I received an offer on a print that I listed on eBay Canada. Payment through PayPal. I was asked to send the painting along with $400 iTunes gift cards. I was asked to notify PayPal about the transaction by emailing PayPal using an email that its domain is gamil and send the buyer a snapshot of the request. I did send an email to PayPal but figured out the email address was “noreply”
I was told now that I should email the given gmail address claiming is a PayPal email for online payment transaction in USA.

I am not sure how to do that exactly; can you please help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AL_on_Community,

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forums. What you've described does not seem like a legitimate sale. You should never have to purchase gift cards of any kind to receive a transaction through PayPal. I would recommend reviewing the following resources:

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

How do I receive money through PayPal?

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

How do I spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails?

I hope that helps, best wishes with your future sales!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AL_on_Community
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your prompt response and feedback. The gift cards were meant as a gift to be sent along with the painting to the buyer's cousin for their birthday.  So wold you say that a gamil email address is not a legitimate PayPal email address correct? 

As such, although I would not comply their request however I am not sure why they asked me to send and email to their gamail address! 

I am not going to proceed communicating to the "buyer" but so far I shared with them my phone number and the email address that I use for my PayPal account; should I be concerned?

Thank you for the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.