newbie alert!! help me please

mika0222
Contributor
Contributor

i am a buyer, i purchased a video game console off of someone from another province than mine. 

this was a $550 purchase broken into two payments, half now and the second half when i receive the item. 

is there any way to tell when the seller has shipped my item? 

on my receipt, i can see the following information: 

Have you received this order?

No Shipment Tracking 

March 28, 2020, Sent by MANUAL

what does all this mean? 
more specificially, what does Status: COMPLETED refer to? does this mean my item has been shipped? 
and what does Sent by MANUAL mean? 

this is my first time making a large payment for a hard good on Paypal and would just like some peace of mind. 

thanks for helping!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20230515G
Contributor
Contributor

HI @mika0222 

If you have the transaction in your activity log, check it there.

Your seller should provide tracking info and the Sent by  should be the name of your seller. Means he already shipped the item.

Sellers can mark an item complete on their end if they have already fulfilled the business.

If this is just through an email, make sure that it is legitimate and really is coming from PP. If you have doubts about that, go log in and check it in your account. Information in your order should be uploaded by the seller.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @mika0222 

It appears that the seller has not provided a tracking number yet. Instead of looking at the email, you can go directly to your account and check the transaction details. If the seller has uploaded tracking you should see it there. 

The "Status: COMPLETED" means that your payment was successfully completed, not the shipping. 

Hope this helps. Keep safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.