new to paypal - payment of goods in advance - refunding money

Skypis
New Community Member

Hello, I am new to paypal and I have basic question. I am from Czech Republic and I want to buy something for my motorbike that is quite rare and cant be bought from local shops. I contacted seller if there is possible shipping from Germany to Czech and he said its okay if I pay money to his Paypal account. I am scared that I will send money and I will not recieve my items. Is there any way of refunding my money if seller just take money and say goodbye? Thanks for reply. And sorry for my bad english. Have nice day everyone 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skypis

ok then you can pay via goods / services and have buyer protection BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall, your best bet is to read up on it and risk assess your transaction.

For eg if you send the payment and write that you are paying for a jumper and he sends you a dolls jumper then you may lose a dispute for 'item received but not as described' as jumper you paid for and jumper you got. So you can either write a full description of what you are paying for or better still get him to send you an invoice or money request with that full description on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skypis

ok then you can pay via goods / services and have buyer protection BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall, your best bet is to read up on it and risk assess your transaction.

For eg if you send the payment and write that you are paying for a jumper and he sends you a dolls jumper then you may lose a dispute for 'item received but not as described' as jumper you paid for and jumper you got. So you can either write a full description of what you are paying for or better still get him to send you an invoice or money request with that full description on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.