new regulations

mckenzie507
Contributor
Contributor

I have a personal account I use to buy things, as well as sell things.  I keep 1,000.00  balance usually.   Do these new regulations affect me?  It is not a business, just sell household items I've had for years.   I am 67, and really don't understand if there is anything I need to change.  Someone Please Help Me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @mckenzie507,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

There are changes for both merchants and consumers in this User Agreement update:

• Sellers: we are revising our policy on return fees for merchants. When a merchant processes a refund to one of their customers, PayPal will now retain all fees paid by the merchant when the merchant received the original payment from that customer.
  • Buyers: a new consistent percentage-based fee for customers who send money to friends and family overseas is introduced. The new, rate of 5% will be applied at a minimum charge of 0.99$ in the US and will be capped at $4.99/ £2.99/ €3.99 and replaces the current fixed fee. 
  • Buyers: currency conversion fees have been increased. Here is more information. 

You can find the full User Agreement here

I hope this helps!

Martina 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @mckenzie507,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

There are changes for both merchants and consumers in this User Agreement update:

• Sellers: we are revising our policy on return fees for merchants. When a merchant processes a refund to one of their customers, PayPal will now retain all fees paid by the merchant when the merchant received the original payment from that customer.
  • Buyers: a new consistent percentage-based fee for customers who send money to friends and family overseas is introduced. The new, rate of 5% will be applied at a minimum charge of 0.99$ in the US and will be capped at $4.99/ £2.99/ €3.99 and replaces the current fixed fee. 
  • Buyers: currency conversion fees have been increased. Here is more information. 

You can find the full User Agreement here

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

mckenzie507
Contributor
Contributor

it did!   thank you so very much!      julie       

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.