new account

reginald-regina
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there. the system is not allowing a member of my family opening his a new PayPal account on the same and the only computer at home. When ask for email address it says , It looks that the email address is already registered. Something like that. It stops him continuing to register. Could please help. I do not know why this is happening after all he will create his  own password. 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reginald-regina 

PayPal accounts generally are identified by email address. A new, unique email address must be entered. He can not use the same email address with a different password. That is why it is not allowing the registration. So, your family member has to establish an email address somewhere: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or his own domain name, etc. 

Is the system blocking registration even with a different email address entered?

Perhaps try clearing web browser cache and cookies, then restart device and try registering again with different email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@reginald-regina 

PayPal accounts generally are identified by email address. A new, unique email address must be entered. He can not use the same email address with a different password. That is why it is not allowing the registration. So, your family member has to establish an email address somewhere: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or his own domain name, etc. 

Is the system blocking registration even with a different email address entered?

Perhaps try clearing web browser cache and cookies, then restart device and try registering again with different email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.