my bank account is linked, but im not able to send money from it to my paypal.

gojoracer
New Community Member

I just created my Paypal account and i managed to link my bank account to it  (TD CANADA). I then switched computer tabs and went to ebay to buy a pair of track pants, which was successful. When i went back to my paypal however, it said that my balance was zero. Under my balance the track pants were listed as an item I bought and the cost was -$57. I then tried to transfer money from my bank, but unfortunately it would let me stating some type of problem. Am I in the negative? what is happening? will the interest accumulate? IF my bank doesnt work for some reason how can i pay it or transfer money to pay it off? All help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gojoracer 

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.
They will take from any linked bank account or card.
However if you don't have a back up card linked sometimes it may go as an echeque.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.