money not released after 21 days

pechorin1427
Contributor
Contributor

hi!

sold my bike on 29 March. It's been 21 days and the money still not released.

product received by the buyer. updated tracking info.

however, I can't track the shipment now for a reason. when I checked the courier company, the tracking shows delivered on 4 April.

how to contact a Paypal agent in the UK?

Help please

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pechorin1427
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The payment has been released the evening I opened this thread. I guess I had to wait for 21 full days, meaning the exact time of the day, the transaction took place 3 weeks previously.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You could ask the buyer to confirm receipt on their side, which should release the funds (if that's the reason they're being held.)

More info on that - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq4176

However, if the tracking shows delivered in the PayPal system, but it's still not released, then the hold could be from something else like a general rolling hold on the account.

I would ask the customer to give that a try and hopefully that'll fix it.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

pechorin1427
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

I'll try to contact the buyer, even though I had sent him an e-mail, explaining the situation two weeks ago. He hasn't got back to me. 

I decided to wait until the 21 days period was up, which is today. Are the funds released on a Sunday or it has to be a working day?

PayPal system does not show the item delivered, however, the courier company tracking system does.

I made a mistake the first time I tried to add tracking to PayPal, chose Parcel Force instead of Parcel 2 Go from the drop-down list, upon which I received a message from the wrong courier stating the absence of such consignment. I immediately edited the PayPal tracking entry, however, whenever I try to click on the tracking, I receive this message: 

Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link

PayPal tracking shows the transaction as "sent" currently, with the consignment number and as "other" as the courier company. Something is not right, but I can't figure it out exactly. I wonder if the buyer has stopped this payment, but if that's the case, I'd definitely have to be notified by PayPal, wouldn't I? I sent the item in perfect condition, as promised anyway. 

The money is shown as pending, does it mean I get it eventually?

Thanks very much

Login to Me Too
Solved

pechorin1427
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The payment has been released the evening I opened this thread. I guess I had to wait for 21 full days, meaning the exact time of the day, the transaction took place 3 weeks previously.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.