<removed> texted me and stopped my payment

Nusrat09
New Community Member

<removed> Received an email from this account and they hold my payment which I was gonna receive from a person Is this PayPal, <removed> account genuine

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nusrat09 

If paypal was holding your payment then normally it would still show in your balance but have pending by it.

Beware of scams that tell you that you have to send the item first and email a tracking number before paypal release the funds to you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nusrat09
New Community Member

Is <removed> a genuine PayPal email address

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Nusrat09,

Thank you for your post! I'm afraid it's not permitted to put email addresses in the community. Please make sure that your posts adhere to the Community Guidelines, for the safety of all.

In order to stay safe, it's important not to rely on an email address being one that is legitimately used to be the indicator of the email's legitimacy. PayPal uses a few different email addresses and fraudsters can mask their emails to make them look as if they're legitimate. There are other indicators that would let you know that an email is a fake

The information that @kernowlass gave is one way that you would know that an email is a fake. There are other items in the article that I linked above.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.