is this a scam?

bravogolden
Contributor
Contributor

i i just signed up with PetChipRegistry for a new dog.Something seemed a bit odd about immediate request for payment.Went online and it seems they have registries in various countries and was listed as scam in UK

dispute at paypal does not list this topic so was unable to hold payment.I wrote company but seems to have a dubious contact system

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bravogolden 

What does this have to do with Paypal?

Try google to research other companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bravogolden
Contributor
Contributor

there is no way to stop payment on paypal.Having had my cards breached i only buy thru paypal and amazon assuming paypal represents legit companies.

in researching  i find the company has endless complaints with BBB of tampa.perhaps i was wrong about trusting paypal vetting companies?if i lose the fee it will teach me to be suspicious ...lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bravogolden 

Paypal does not vet companies, that would be impossible with millions of sellers/companies worldwide.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection and then you risk assess your own transactions.

If paypal gets a lot of disputes about a company dependent on their % of sales then they may take action and remove them from using Paypal in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AyreHouse
New Community Member

I just got a £17 refund through PayPal after complaining about this Company.  It is a complete and utter rip off.
The database run in the UK is NOT DEFRA approved, and therefore when doing a microchip search the only place your pets details are recorded are on the database for this site, and NO OTHER!  So if a pet goes missing it is very very unlikely that the owner can be located.  Also if you have a dog then the pet is NOT officially registered, and therefore illegal!
This is terrible.  The only contact information is a SINGLE email address that is the same for USA Canada, UK and Australia.  That is it!  And the same name keeps springing up!  KAYLA <removed>
https://reportscam.com/rfid-usaorg  (going back 4 years!)
https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tampa/profile/pet-services/certified-purebred-microchip-database-0653-9009...  (going back even further to 2011 where Kayla <removed> is listed as the "Customer Services Manager" and Lee <removed> as the "Owner".

After adding another negative post on https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.uk-petchipregistry.info and sharing with this Company, I received a very angry email as follows:

As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to be registered with your pet’s microchip distributor prior to acquiring our services for the purpose of an extra layer of protection for your pet.

I fail to see how you and 8 other people's lack of comprehension due to the lack of interest of actually reading what you are paying for, would validate your atrocious and appalling accusations. Your refund has been issued. Further communication from you is not required and it will not be received henceforth.

Thank you,

Kayla <removed>
PetChip Registry
Email Support Team
SUPPORT AT EMAIL ADDRESS (can't post on this comment according to PayPal)

SO BY HER OWN ADMISSION TOTALLY WORTHLESS, AS I DID NOT NEED AN EXTRA LAYER OF PROTECTION, I WANTED MY PETS MICROCHIP REGISTERED ON A DATABASE THAT WAS SHARED WITH OTHERS AND TRACEABLE NATIONALLY!

The advert comes up on the SEARCH ENGINES with the following.... "United Kingdom's Pet Microchip Registration Database."  WHICH TOTALLY AND UTTERLY MISLEADING.  How many thousands and thousands of people are unaware that there pet's microchip will come up as unregistered when searching a DEFRA approved register?  They share information and when registered on one, the details are recorded nationally, and it is those registers that a VET or Shelter would use to locate an owner!  MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 3% refund rate through PayPal they say, their payment method! "Our current refunds equate to less than 3% of our total sale which is actually far less than most companies" according to a recent statement in the https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tampa/profile/pet-services/certified-purebred-microchip-database-0653-9009... Well PAYPAL have to stop accepting their business as it is fraudulent!   Customers are unaware they are being duped, and it is only a small percentage that even realise, perhaps when searching on another database as I did, a week after paying for my pet's microchip number to be registered on what I believed to be a National Database!  NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!  UNREGISTERED!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.