is it a real valid email from paypal?

mini8
New Community Member

Hello...i needed some help, thanks.

i have few emails address and recently got a message as below from this address: service international paypal dog c

Dear PayPal user,

a payment has been performed to deposit money into online wallets named below

Skrill and Neteller using your card linked to your PayPal account, For this reason, we had

put the transaction request on hold and added a limit to your PayPal account for 48 hours.

If you were the owner of this payment request, do nothing and ignore this message.if not, follow these next steps to cancel the transaction and request a refund immediately

PayPal will confirm the deposit in both wallets ( Skrill and Neteller )
Please note : Skrill and Neteller will send you a cancellation code for your phone ( SMS )

If you do not enter cancellation SMS code, you receive the payment, and the non-refundable 

The code includes the names of Skrill and Neteller, and the amount has been spent using your card

if you wish to cancel and refund the unauthorized payment, click on the link below

Thank you for being a PayPal customer.
Sincerely,
PayPal
HK

.................................................................................................................................
is it a valid email from paypal office? or it's a fraud?

BUT the message was sent to the email address which is not my paypal email and the beneficiary ( Skrill and Neteller ) i dont know as well...

thanks a thousand.

mini

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @mini8 and welcome, 

From reviewing the email you have shared it looks like this may be what we call a spoof or phishing email. One of the main ways to detect if this is not a genuine email is how they address you in the email. We will always address you using your full name as it is listed on your PayPal account. We would never address you as "Dear Member" or "Dear Customer". Please do not respond to this email. Instead you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com so our teams can review it. If you happened to click on any of the links in the emails, please change your PayPal password and security questions at your earliest convenience by following the steps listed here. You may want to first run a virus scan, just to make sure that you didn't pick something up from clicking any links. You can also read more about how to spot fake emails here

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.