insane tax on sending payment to friend

Justin0861
New Community Member

Hi, I have tried to make a payment to send a friend of mine 3$ and usually before when I sent him this money I had a small fee of about 30-40 cents. But now when I go to send him money it makes me pay double so say I go to send him 3$ with on top of that its a fee of 3$ now and I don't know what to do. My friend lives in the US and so do I but it just doesn't make sense why the fee would change so drastically.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Gatty7
Contributor
Contributor

That's a bit of a strange one if you're using the option: 'Sending to a friend or to family'

I'm in the UK & using the above option, I just tried to send US$3 to my brother in the US - it is charging me only £0.03 if I use my bank account, balance or debit card to send.

If I use my credit card, it's charging me £0.32, which is still a lot less than it's charging you.

Which country are you based in, are you using the 'friend' option, what payment method (balance/debit card/other) are you using & what is the name & location of your payment provider?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.