hey i have a problem

Coolflyguy69
New Community Member

my son was doing something over the internet on my computer when i notice a notification on my phone and it says 30$ sent to anon and i asked him about it and he said he couldn't get it back and the way he sent the money was through family and friends so i cant get my money back by charging back any suggestions

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

abbyc119
New Community Member

As long as it was not sent to an actual Paypal email account, you should be able to get it back. The easiest way is through a computer, and not a phone or tablet. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coolflyguy69

No you probably wouldn't.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

Your only hope is if that gift paypal payment  was funded via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.