help !!

26carlos
New Community Member

How you all doing I had a couple issues with my pay pal in trying to sell a product . I had the buyer  send me money threw PayPal and he sent me all his information to send the product to . So I called pay pal and ask them if they can release my money so they made me spend a total of 1200 in iTunes cards !  Cause they said that my money was stuck in the PayPal server global chain or something like that . So they wanted me to go spend another 1200 in a apple pre paid card so I can get my total refunds. So I really wanna know if that was a scam cuz I really need the money . And  do I go to the post office instead and send PayPal service the tracking and shipping conformation would I get my money back . I’m a little worried I hope I get refunded all that money back 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@26carlos 

Its a SCAM.
It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.
Most times these threads get reported and removed but some slip through.
The scammers post genuine advice but the phone number is in the title or post often in a strange format to get around paypals security.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.
If you think about it why would paypal ask you to buy google vouchers or itunes cards to answer your question or issue you a refund etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@26carlos 

Its a SCAM.
It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.
Most times these threads get reported and removed but some slip through.
The scammers post genuine advice but the phone number is in the title or post often in a strange format to get around paypals security.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.
If you think about it why would paypal ask you to buy google vouchers or itunes cards to answer your question or issue you a refund etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.