help in making payment and make it on hold till the seller do the job

l25v
New Community Member

hello every one sorry for my bad english

i want to buy a service from a seller and i have to send the money to his paypal by the email. how i can protect my self from him if he turn out to be scamer like is their way to hold the money in paypal until i got my service ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@l25v 

You yourself can't order a hold to be put on the payment, only PayPal can which is entirely based on the sellers account history, it doesn't always put all payments on hold and there are tasks the seller has to perform in order to get their funds sooner such as fulfilling the service or item and providing proof of delivery and updating order status. Funds can be held up to 21 days.

Regardless, after sending payment, you may file an item not received or significantly not as described dispute within 180 days from date of payment to resolve issue or escalate to PayPal claim so they can step in to review the case and make a ruling, although its recommended to wait at least 7 days before filling a dispute to allow time for seller to process your order typically.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.