help, hacked

Scott-S
Contributor
Contributor

On Sunday, May 20, 2018, I awoke to a 3 hour old text from paypal, saying: "A -$200.00 USD transaction with XXX* on May 20, 2018 was marked suspicious. Please reply "Yes" if authorized or "No" if not authorized."

I replied "No" immediately, and immediately got a text response back, saying: "We're sorry, this request has expired. To access your account visit m.paypal.com."

I decided to not visit paypal on my phone, and instead went to my computer, logged in, and found that yes someone had indeed already removed $200 USD from my account. I immediately went to the Resolution Center, and in about 30 hours was denied, saying it was "not unauthorized" - what in the world is "not unauthorized" about any of that?????

This information below, all I know about this transaction, is definitively shady.

Payment sent to Loading business
May 20, 2018 at 6:17:33 AM PDTTransaction ID: 1MU154430T598441M
Payment Status: COMPLETED
Payment Type: Personal Payment
Gross amount -$200.00 USD
Your Payment
Gross Amount-$200.00 USD
PayPal Fee$0.00 USD
Net Amount-$200.00 USD
Paid to
Loading business
The receiver of this payment is Non-US - Verified
xxxxx
ZZZ @ gmail . com **
Payment Sent to XXX *
Funding details
Funding Type: PayPal Balance
Funding Source: -$200.00 USD - PayPal Account

XXX = 

The message body contains "XXX", which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

ZZZ =

The message body contains "ZZZ", which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.