genuine???

amyanned
New Community Member

she's sending me 140 for a £40 item demanding that I pay the agent she is sending to collect it 100 via amazon gift card ???? I don't know if this is genuine or fraud!

paypal won't let me post the email address used ?????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi @amyanned

Welcome to the PayPal community. 

When someone is purchasing an item from you then the full payment should be sent to your PayPal account. I would not recommend that you send any payment to them as they are the one purchasing the item so they should be paying you. We would never ask anyone to send money using any other source other than PayPal and would not ask a seller to send additional funds for something they are selling. 

The decision is yours but I would strongly recommend that you do not continue with this sale and consider finding a genuine buyer. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi @amyanned

Welcome to the PayPal community. 

When someone is purchasing an item from you then the full payment should be sent to your PayPal account. I would not recommend that you send any payment to them as they are the one purchasing the item so they should be paying you. We would never ask anyone to send money using any other source other than PayPal and would not ask a seller to send additional funds for something they are selling. 

The decision is yours but I would strongly recommend that you do not continue with this sale and consider finding a genuine buyer. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.