genuine PayPal email?

juju47800

Just sold something and got paid via PayPal...got this email from "buyer"  Genuine?

xxxx sent you xxxx USD  

Hello  xxxxxxx (my name appears there)

This payment wouldn't clear or appear on your PayPal payment history until we confirm proof of postage. When sending the tracking number reference to this payment notification by replying through it.

Once the money's there you can:

Spend the money online at thousands of stores that accept PayPal.

Transfer it to your bank account without stress.

Get a PayPal Debit MasterCard.

Don't worry - sometimes it just takes a few minutes for it to show up. {removed - address content}

Copyright © 2021 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juju47800 

This payment wouldn't clear or appear on your PayPal payment history until we confirm proof of postage.

Absolutely, 100% UNTRUE!!!  Fake news! It’s a scam.

If someone REALLY paid, you should see a record of payment, even if it is subject to PayPal hold, with ability to ship/upload tracking right from the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juju47800 

This payment wouldn't clear or appear on your PayPal payment history until we confirm proof of postage.

Absolutely, 100% UNTRUE!!!  Fake news! It’s a scam.

If someone REALLY paid, you should see a record of payment, even if it is subject to PayPal hold, with ability to ship/upload tracking right from the transaction.

Login to Me Too

juju47800

I was afraid it was a scam.. I was going to call PayPal tomorrow to make sure funds was there before sending merchandise..

Thank you SO much!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@juju47800 

You’re welcome. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.