furniture transaction

Michael221
New Community Member

I am trying to sell some furniture. A person is interested and sent the requested payment and more money whic is called an money gram payment that I’m supposed to pay before the main payment can be released. My question  is this legitimate.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael221 wrote:

I am trying to sell some furniture. A person is interested and sent the requested payment and more money whic is called an money gram payment that I’m supposed to pay before the main payment can be released. My question  is this legitimate.

That's a SCAM. PayPal never ask you to use a third party payment processor. The scam is that they have not paid through PayPal so they tell you this story to send a money gram to pay them in order to get paid from PayPal but you never hear back from them. So it is scam.  

There is one case I read a long time ago and one person keep paying and those scammers keep asking, ended up paying into the thousands. Very sad case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.