friend been hacked

dale1970
Contributor
Contributor

hi there can anyone help my friend sent me a message asking if i could transfer 400 pound to his bank account as he could get into his paypal so he got his pal to send it to me so i have the money but i couldnt transfer it so i sent it to someone else he gave me her name will this affect or can they get into my accounts im worried sick now x

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dale1970

How much of a 'friend' is he?

Only it sounds like a scam, he sends you money and then files a chargeback having made sure that you have sent it to another 'friend' of his so he ends up with x2 amounts of money as you will have to pay for the chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dale1970
Contributor
Contributor

ive not got a clue how this works i sent out the exact same amount he sent me but ive had an email from paypal saying they are investigating it i want to know if they can get into my bank account ????

Login to Me Too

dale1970
Contributor
Contributor
I havent heard a thing from paypal they are just sending me the same automatic email I worried sick now they have put my paypal at minus 400 pound and it was me please someone tell me how I solve this x
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dale1970

Personally I think you have let yourself be scammed   Smiley Sad

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.