fraudulent activities through paypal.

Ezinne
New Community Member
I can say yes that paypal is assisting the online traders to perpetrate fraud against innocent buyers. By right, they are suppose to scrutinise all the companies they receive payment for and also know their modus operandi and also state out penalties if there are fraudulent transaction on their part. It behoves my imagination that the buyers protection in paypals terms and condition are not followed. I have been a victim like thrice now and am just waiting to get my pending refunds, then I will close my paypal account as its not worth it. They are turning a ind eye on all the nefarious acts by companies they represent but very soon, it will be a case to be judged in the court if they do not desist from thus. I have all my documents intact, till I am ready to talk to the appropriate quarters no matter what it will cost.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezinne 

Sorry but paypal does not ''vet'' companies, how can they do that to every seller / merchant / company that adds paypal to their website WORLDWIDE????  

I could set up a website in about 2 hours / add lots of stolen pictures / add paypal and in a few weeks when the claims start rolling into paypal I could close it down and set up another website under another name.

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection but its not an insurance or a 100% coverall so what you do is read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

If you did read it you would see this right at the beginning.

PayPal Buyer Protection is neither a product warranty nor a service warranty. No guarantees are given. 

Even credit card companies are turning down some claims from China scams for received but not as described.

Avoid these......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.