fees

headhuntervines
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a customer payment through Paypal for a $300 Ebay transaction. I understand the standard fee charged to me by Paypal should be 2.9% of the $300 plus 30 cents. That would leave me $291.00 right? Paypal only lists $286.50 profit in my summary list. What could the additional $4.50 be for? They list a total fee of $13.50 under the Transaction Details section but don't break it down.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What were your eBay fees ?  (as they have various fees for their options)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @headhuntervines,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry that there is any confusion regarding fees. It sounds like the transaction may have been a cross-border transaction, from a buyer outside the US. For sellers in the US, a USD payment coming from a non-US account would result in a 4.4% + $.30 fee. For more information, please click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.