breyes
Contributor
Contributor

why is PayPal charging me a fee on the taxes that ebay collects for my sale

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @breyes,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry for any confusion and I hope I can clarify for you. The fee for receiving a payment is based on the amount of the received transaction. Any taxes, shipping, or other elements of the amount transferred in that payment would be part of the total for the transaction and would be subject to the fee for receiving the payment. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tentrees123
Contributor
Contributor
Disgraceful PayPal. Its not money recieved at all. You should do it as a separate payment as it is done for the Australian buyer and GST on international purchases.
Login to Me Too

scf51
Contributor
Contributor

This is not right. You're gouging us. I'm sure that most users are not aware that this is going on.

This is not money received by the seller.

Login to Me Too

EDB2
New Community Member

Self-serving nonsense. It means we, the sellers, end up paying some of the tax, reducing our earnings. How cheap can you be? Oh, I guess we know!

Login to Me Too

seller591
Contributor
Contributor

This needs to be fixed!  We do not collect this money so we should not be paying a fee!

Login to Me Too

scf51
Contributor
Contributor

These taxes are not comparable to shipping charges.

It is understandable that PayPal should feel a need to charge a fee on our shipping charges.

Otherwise sellers could hide profit in inflated shipping charges.

The taxes are neither charged nor collected by or for us.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.