cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fake invoice

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: fake invoice

For what it is worth my wife phoned PayPal after disputing the transaction and having them close it with a response of "Based on our review, we found this transaction is consistent with your PayPal payment history." and she requested a dispute be opened as below to "did not receive merchandise".

Email content below:

Thanks for contacting us about your case. Based on the information we received we are changing the reason for filing this case. You submitted your claim because you did not receive your merchandise.

PayPal said the seller has 10 days to respond....which we know will not happen.

PayPal said they will refund if no response after the 10 days has elapsed.  Have 8 days to go.  Will let you know how it goes.

Highlighted
Contributor

I also received one of these fake invoices, a few days before my GoDaddy account was about to renew. 

I don't know what to do with the fake invoice just sitting in my account. I forwarded it to <removed> twice and have received no response. No way to report or cancel it that I can see. Has anyone else had any luck?

Highlighted
Contributor

I just submitted the fake invoice we received to PayPal spam email provided here. Their 'security' team responded that it is not fake and there is nothing suspicious about it. So much for PayPal protection.

Highlighted
Contributor

Does the logo on the invoice look genuine?  Look at the URL of the Logo and if it is coming from PayPal servers.  If it is then you might be able to argue the the person sending the invoice is violating copyright laws on PayPal servers by uploading a companies copyrighted material to PayPal servers and therefore they are in violation of PayPal terms.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Never click on links for payment services. Log into the registrar and see what domains are expiring. 

Highlighted
New Community Member

This is still going on, but the invoice I received had nothing other than some random characters, and one domain from godaddy as well. How frustrating to find out that paypal is doing basically nothing about it, especially for as long as I've used it. First time ever having an issue along these lines, and I found it odd there was no way to dispute, cancel or otherwise report the invoice directly.