extra charge

louiseS
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought 5 concert tickets in 1 transaction and was charged an acceptable booking fee plus an extra Euro2 per ticket just because I used Paypal and without prior advise. Is this normal practice? Is this allowed by Paypal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@louiseS

Sellers are allowed to surcharge BUT only if you know that surcharge is going to be levied AND how much BEFORE you commit to buy the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

louiseS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response .What upset me was that the surcharge was added to final amount without advise... I am sure very few of the ticket buyers even noticed!

I wrote to them and all they came up with was that they had to cover their expenses!!..Don't really know what to do about it! any advise?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@louiseS

'Personally' I would contact them again and state that it is against Paypal rules to surcharge without letting the buyers know about it first.

So request a refund of that surcharge and state that if they don't you will be reporting them to paypal.

If they refuse then click on 'legal' VERY bottom right of paypal pages > acceptable use policy > scroll down and there is a link there on the 'report' word to report violations of that policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.