email message from paypal

sparklingwater
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email today and am afraid to click on the given spot. Is this a scam?

This

Dear CIient,

Your access has been Lim̴ited for the following reason(s):

- We need to confirm some your account information

- Your CASE ID for this reason is #004-635-849-948

Please, open attachment (.PDF) to confirm your account information.

If you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we can give out order information only to the name and email address associated with your account.

is the message:

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @sparklingwater 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

It's a SCAM! Please do not click any links or download any attachment.

If you are addressed as "Dear Client" / "Dear Customer" / or using your email address then that is an indicator that someone was trying to scam you. PayPal will only address the customer using their full name. Eg, "Dear Jane Doe".

Logging into your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's action waiting for you. Any kind of action or notification waiting for you is either displayed on the account summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center. Also, if there's any problem with your account, PayPal would not ask you to click any unsafe link in the email or download any attachment. Instead, you will be asked to directly login to your PayPal account to resolve any issues.

For more information, please see How do I spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails? 

I hope this helps!

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.