ebay inc fees

zzmoose
New Community Member

has anyone any knowledge of these fees? i have 4 charges on my paypal and bank account for .43,.81,1.05, and 1.93. paypal tells me to call ebay and ebay says there are no such charges and to call paypal. while they are minimal amounts this time i am concerned as to why they are there.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zzmoose

Does the PayPal account activity description say, "EBay Inc Payment" ? Then they could be eBay Final Value Fees. Did you sell some items on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/viewing-account-balance?id=4125

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LoriB3
New Community Member

I was trying to find out the same thing.  I dug a little deeper and found out that certain states are collecting sales tax on purchases based on the purchasers' shipping address.  I found out my state started collecting this on Feb 1st this year. 

Login to Me Too

MSKAY2
Contributor
Contributor
I was unaware that i was being charged a fee when i purchase from Ebay Sellers those fees add up
Login to Me Too

cccox63
New Community Member

I'm thinking it's sales tax added on. I found this article:

Original post: eBay has begun to collect sales tax in Washington & Minnesota as of January 1st, 2019. eBay will also begin collecting sales tax in these other states on the following dates:

• Iowa, February 1, 2019
  • Connecticut, April 1, 2019
  • New Jersey, May 1, 2019
  • Alabama, July 1, 2019
  • Oklahoma, July 1, 2019
  • Pennsylvania, July 1, 2019

This stems from the supreme court ruling (South Dakota v. Wayfair) regarding internet sales tax. This means that states may now charge tax on purchases made from out-of-state sellers, even if they have no physical presence in that state. I’ll let readers argue the merits of this in the comments, this is really just a note to let people know about eBay collecting these taxes.

Login to Me Too

Maryjanesgal
Contributor
Contributor
WOW! Even if the seller and/or buyer is not in a state that has sales tax!!??
Login to Me Too

MSKAY2
Contributor
Contributor
Yep,i ordered from a seller that was in another country Canada and paid taxes Get this requested a refund and it was converted to Canadian currency so my refund was less than what i orginally paid ...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.