eBay not asking for Paypal password . How to enable Paypal password protection for every purchase ?

mail303
Contributor
Contributor

Today ebay first time not asked for Paypal password. I have never enabled autologin and never stored my passwords. Now I have deleted my Paypal account/link in eBay, removed eBay permission in Paypal security page, One Touch  is off. BUT, NOTHING changed. I can buy any item from eBay with one/two clicks without Paypal password. I can't understand HOW ebay can login in my Paypal without my permission. Where eBay save/store/backup  my password and account login info? . Plz help enable Paypal password protection for every purchase!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mail303
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mail303

Not sure what browser you use but i go to options top right of page under the 3 level lines > security > leave the tick on ask to save passwords and then click on exceptions and add paypal to that list.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mail303
Contributor
Contributor
I use Chrome. Just looked in settings - Paypal is marked as never saved. So there is another problem. So, intresting moment- in eBay isn't any my Paypal accounts registred, but at checkout eBay show my Paypal account (e-mail address). Fantastic... I deleted cache and history, but nothing changed 😞
Login to Me Too

airplant101
Contributor
Contributor

Inside eBay...

Account Settings->Personal Information->Checkout saved payment methods

Click "Remove" next to the paypal account to be forgotten by eBay.

PS. My paypal info was also stored by eBay without my consent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.