downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

arslanbhatti047
New Community Member

How do I delete the business account without deleting my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Johnboy8722
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've been trying to get hold of the PayPal team for the past couple of days. I mistakenly set my Personal account to a business account and want to change it back! I have tried calling PayPal but everytime it goes to connect and rings for 20 seconds then I hera a message "covid 19 etc etc" then cuts me off. I can't change the account type back myself so how am I supoosed to change it back now!?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnboy8722 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AHeyson95
New Community Member

Hello,

I have set my account up wrongly and need to change it back to a personal account. Everytime I try and contact live agents it says they are offline however the time in PT is only 11am?

Please advise the next steps?

Login to Me Too

timothyhicks223
New Community Member
Please I will like to change my PayPal business account to a personal account. I need it cause I really want to have it as my personal account.
Login to Me Too

cortes1914
New Community Member

I am making this because I need to change my account from a business account to a personal account. It would have been smarter to have a support email but sure this works as well

Login to Me Too

lorenperkins140
New Community Member
I accidentally set up a business account instead of a personal account is there any way I can switch this
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lorenperkins140 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DeanBean87
New Community Member

I dont know how to change my business account to personal. 

Login to Me Too

Trixkz
New Community Member

Hey. I was wondering how I can make my account go back to just a regular account, not a business account? Do you have any idea how I can make my account back to a regular account, not a business account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.