does this look like a scam?

axelaru44
New Community Member

axelaru44_0-1579001463732.png  Hi all, i am selling a phone, and this has come into my email and i was wondering if this seems like a scam or if this is legit. its just because of the Western Union and how i need to pay £500. 

Many Thanks Alex 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@axelaru44 

SCAM.

No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.
They can't send you a paypal payment as they don't own a paypal account and have no intention of paying.

They will find ways to persuade you that the funds will be send ''another way''.

They don't quibble on cost and say they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.
They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Paypal do not pay you any other way that through your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.