customer on PayPal or not!!

Darkwingz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I got asked to send somebody that wants to buy a Laptop a Payment request using his email how do I check if its a ligit email??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Darkwingz
Contributor
Contributor

Lmao its the 5th time in a 2 weeks somebody is trying to scam me thru PayPal idiots but the first time they asking to send them payment request!! he said he paid I must check spam folder WOW they not to bright going t report the email address to PayPal! Thanks anyway

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darkwingz

Send the payment request or better yet, send a PayPal invoice to the email address. You'll know if it is legit if they actually pay. Always make sure log on to your account to see if the funds are there first before shipping. Don't just believe the email confirmations which can be faked. Selling laptops and smartphones draws a lot of scammers. If the buyer emails and says they paid and ask you to send money in order for PayPal to release your funds, they are lying and it is a scam because that's is not how PayPal works. When someone pays, the funds will either be in your available balance or pending balance with a record of the transaction in the recent activity.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-are-popular-scams-i-should-avoid-faq3022

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Darkwingz
Contributor
Contributor

Lmao its the 5th time in a 2 weeks somebody is trying to scam me thru PayPal idiots but the first time they asking to send them payment request!! he said he paid I must check spam folder WOW they not to bright going t report the email address to PayPal! Thanks anyway

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.