copyright infringement on a fake website

sdquilter123
Contributor
Contributor

A fake website is selling my quilt pattern. There is no product, they steal photos, photoshop them on product and take your money. 
https://www.myfavoriteblanket.net/products/teepee-blanket-dm07

It says they use shopify but when you go to order it goes to paypal. 

Where do I go on Paypal to report this fraud company that opens up a new website every two weeks and advertises on Facebook. There is at least 20 of these sites that have the same content just new names. Same owners.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
That is indeed a Shopify site. Have you reached out to them directly? They would be the source in this case. The PayPal integration is built into their system.

For general info about reporting fraud to PayPal you can review this article: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-t...

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

sdquilter123
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

Login to Me Too

KimPossible9307
Contributor
Contributor

sdquilter123 I want to buy one of their blankets, but I saw this.  If you have the one I want, I would be interested in a purchase possibly.  

Kim

Login to Me Too

JillzID
New Community Member

Yes, I was suckered by this website! I ordered a quilt blanket from myfavoriteblanket.net and when I went back to the site, all products were taken down.  Of course I never received my blanket because the site is a fraud.  I'm working with PayPal to get refunded now.  DO NOT ORDER from this website!

Login to Me Too

KimPossible9307
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the info. I have reported lots of these sites to FB today.
Login to Me Too

B_D
New Community Member
I too join the suckered group. I even emailed them and got a response saying my order was in the “processing” phase. Frustrating !
Login to Me Too

auds59
Contributor
Contributor

I made the same mistake, ordered a quilt, paid for it through paypal. never received it. I had another e mail from them today "nanablanket" with a tracking number. this is the second number i have had from them. paypal say no to refund. 

Login to Me Too

KimPossible9307
Contributor
Contributor

That’s horrible.  I sent their site to Facebook as a Scam, but they won’t take them off. 

Login to Me Too

Lklein
New Community Member
I was completely taken by the myfavoriteblanket website back in December. I ordered a blanket and received nothing. I got an order number but it didn’t go anywhere. They stole $57.91 from me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.