contacting customer service

itasarah
Contributor
Contributor

Some information is not handled as well by email in my opinion. I would like to speak to someone personally in customer service. Should be a way to do that. At least provide a way that customer service can call me so I know it is real and not fake.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itasarah

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itasarah

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

itasarah
Contributor
Contributor

THE INFO was helpful but I did go into pay pal today and there was no way to call. Under help it lists a no of scenarios so I clicked on one but no way was there a phone no to talk to someone real.   At least I didn't see it.  

@kernowlass wrote:

@itasarah

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itasarah

Strange that hundreds of U.S Paypal account holders have followed my instructions and phoned c.s quite easily then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BajaPete
Contributor
Contributor

No Phone Option.jpgAs of today July 8, 2018 in the USA there does not appear to be a phone option as stated in your suggested solution. It appears PayPal is determined to provide less help and less customer service. If they wanted us to contact them for help they would provide a email address and a phone number displayed prominently on the help page. They only have succeeded in ensuring that there customers look elsewhere for payment solutions and to stop doing business with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BajaPete

Depends what country you are in and as you haven't added it to your profile or said what country you are in then not a lot someone can do to help you with that one.

However if you are U.S / UK and Canada then there certainly IS a phone number accessed as I states.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

campleader
New Community Member

As of 10/10/2018, this is BS. There is no way to contact a human to be found on the site -- and no way to update some magical profile setting to get a number on the site.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@campleader

Rubbish I just checked and it was ringing with 3 clicks of my mouse to find the number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BajaPete
Contributor
Contributor

In the first line of my reply I state USA. I guessed you missed that. Would you be good enough to provide a screenshot of the PayPal web page which displays the phone number and instructions on how you got to that webpage?

Login to Me Too

Spansini
That did not work for me. There is no number or email to be found anywhere.. crazy..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.