confirming us tax payer status

cosdesignsinc
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i just logged on to my red bell with a '1' next to it. when i click it a new page comes up which reads :

"Because you receive payment for goods and services through PayPal, we need to verify your U.S. tax status. Your U.S. taxpayer information will be used to prepare the IRS Form 1099-K when it is necessary. You can refer to the instructions provided by the IRS. "

then there is a drop down tab which says "U.S. tax payer ID type with an arrow (drop menu, its a link according to my cursor, but does nothing when i click it)

and under that is a next button (not highlighted until I'm assuming I select something from the above drop down tab). 

so, in trying to confirm my U.S tax payer status on the site and neither the drop down tab, nor the 'next' button will highlight. anyone know why this is? should i be filling out something else first?

so very odd.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cosdesignsinc
Contributor
Contributor

WELL THEN.

i decided to log out, then back in.. and the drop down menu was working fine. submitted my info and all is well in the world.

that was easy 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.