charity donations/my commision to a charity

jjjjem
New Community Member

hello bit stuck I have just become a clothing ambassador. for every sale using my discount code on the website I earn 10 per cent commission.

heres the deal I want to donate the entire 10 per cent  to a charity. how can I do that. 

the company pay the money into a paypal account. how do I get the money from paypal to the charity. I contacted just giving. thinking that would be a nice way to do it... no reply... also how can I make sure this charity money in paypal doesn't have a charge I want to give it directly to the charity. fair square and even. many thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@jjjjem wrote:

hello bit stuck I have just become a clothing ambassador. for every sale using my discount code on the website I earn 10 per cent commission.

heres the deal I want to donate the entire 10 per cent  to a charity. how can I do that. 

the company pay the money into a paypal account. how do I get the money from paypal to the charity. I contacted just giving. thinking that would be a nice way to do it... no reply... also how can I make sure this charity money in paypal doesn't have a charge I want to give it directly to the charity. fair square and even. many thanks 

Hi, @jjjjem

You cannot prevent a transaction fee, if the funds are received from a Goods & Services payment. If the business issues the funds via Friends & Family then it can be avoided.

I must add also that charities on PayPal are included in fees, but at a reduced rate of 1.4% + 20p if a verified cause. If you donate the funds to charity, consider a direct donation if the Giving Fund is not available at the time. 

The Red Cross is one example of a cause which can accept PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.