buying a car

JP1234
Contributor
Contributor

Is this correct? This is what the seller has said via email..

"I will make a private eBay listing for you.
You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
PayPal will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
You will have to secure the funds to PayPal. After the funds will be secured to PayPal,the delivery will begin and the car will arrive to you in max.48 hours. When the car will be in your custody, you will have a 7 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and PayPal will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the car, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my car back too, without any extra fees. Everything is covered by PayPal & eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it."

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi JP1234,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Payments for vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, mobile homes, planes, and boats are not eligible for refund as part of the PayPal Purchase Protection program I'm afraid. Therefore when you are buyer a car, it is wise to be extra careful. For more information on PayPal Purchase Protection, click the Security link  at the bottom of any PayPal page. If you have a question regarding eBay policies, I advise you to contact eBay Customer Support to receive the best possible answer.

I hope this helps,

Intars

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi JP1234,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Payments for vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, mobile homes, planes, and boats are not eligible for refund as part of the PayPal Purchase Protection program I'm afraid. Therefore when you are buyer a car, it is wise to be extra careful. For more information on PayPal Purchase Protection, click the Security link  at the bottom of any PayPal page. If you have a question regarding eBay policies, I advise you to contact eBay Customer Support to receive the best possible answer.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.