business newbie

bloggerdarling
Contributor
Contributor

hi! so i recently started a blog/website and I was told to use personal paypal when starting (for contributions) and then upgrade to business when good finances happened. I wanted to do posts and such under penname/businessname so i thought i could use the paypal.me feature and it would show payments given to my site/businessname instead of my real name but discovered too late that it shows it when linking. if i close the account,can I use the same email(easier for me to keep all financial related emails organized) and just register name under the business name instead? how can I use the paypal.me link to get money sent to my business but have my business name appear as the recipient instead? EXAMPLE: "Payment sent to 'Blogger Darling"

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @bloggerdarling,

I'm happy to help with some information!

You can use a business name with a Business account, and the Business name will show on your transactions. You would still have your real name associated with the account for your PayPal records, however, as that is a requirement with any accounts in the PayPal system.

If you close the account and make a new one, you will not be able to reuse the old PayPal.me URL. You can reuse the email address, however. It would not be necessary to close the Personal account to have a Business account. You can simply upgrade in your profile.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.