business PayPal in the UAE

zainabf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass! my name is Zainab and I have a question to ask you, and would really really appreciate it with any help.

I have a family member that lives in Pakistan (Pakistani passport and NIC) but they visit the UAE very often, for family reasons and also for small business transactions and dealings (E-commerce based) that they have running on the side. They have a legal bank account in their name in the UAE, which they had made due to their frequent visits and that bank account has all their business transactions.

Can this specific individual make a business PayPal in the UAE? Will PayPal allow it and recognize it as a legal PayPal for their business? They also have an address in the UAE, where they stay whenever they visit. They can prove all of it with all the required documents. It's an entrepreneurship venture they undertake on their own, the business is not registered and is not an LLC. Obviously if it was an LLC, PayPal would recognize it, even if they had a visit visa, but the question is that can this individual have a Business PayPal and operate it properly and legally, with PayPal's permission?

I would honest appreciate any help that you could provide in this matter. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @zainabf,

Thank you for posting in the community. 

A PayPal account can only be opened in the country in which a person resides.  An account can also only be used in a country where PayPal offers services. I regret that Pakistan is not currently supported for PayPal service at this time.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

zainabf
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia Hi Olivia! First of all, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions, helps a lot!

I just have some follow-up questions if that's okay, would really be grateful for further help!

If they don't reside in the UAE permanently, but visit it often for business/family reasons, and have a legitimate address and bank account in the UAE, under their own legal name, PayPal still wouldn't approve a business account in their name? And they personally don't need to operate it, they can have a partner operate it, from a country where PayPal offer services, but all the transactions would belong to the Pakistani person, who visits the UAE via a tourist or visit visa.

Secondly, how would the situation be different if that said Pakistani person had a legal LLC registered in the UAE, with a business visa under their name and identity? That would be 100% legal under PayPal rules, right? Even if they don't reside in the UAE. 

Thank you so much for your help! 

Regards, 

Zainab

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @zainabf,

Great questions!

If the account will be operated by a different individual from within the UAE, it should be under that person's name as the business contact. It is not permitted for two people to share the same login. While there can be a primary account holder and multiple users with their own logins and lesser permissions, the primary account holder must still reside in the country of registration and no one may use the account at all from a country that is not served by PayPal. 

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

zainabf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! @PayPal_Olivia Hope you are doing amazing and fantastic. I have a small question. I am moving to Germany for 6 months by July, and I will be going on a visit visa as well (sponsored by my sister who lives there), I just want to know that can I make and operate a legal PayPal (personal or business) while I live in Germany? 

Looking forward to your help!
Regards, 
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @zainabf,

Thank you for your post! 

That's a tricky situation. If you're staying with someone and will not have bills delivered to you at that address, verification of address might present a problem. In situations where the country of residence is changing for a significant amount of time and there is documentation that can be used to prove address, a new account in the other country is advisable. In situations where the visit is intended to be temporary, it may not be advisable. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but an account that is created in one country may run into issues when used by someone physically in another country.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.