bogus mail

wjvision
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting email stating that my account is limited. Does anyone else get this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wjvision 

Just to add up, logging in to your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's any action waiting for you that is either displayed in the summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center.

I hope this helps!

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @wjvision 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

If you are addressed on the email as "Dear Client" / "Dear Customer" / OR / "Dear 'your email address' then it is an indicator that someone was trying to scam you as PayPal would only address the customer by their complete name. Eg, "Dear Jane Doe".

Also, PayPal will not ask you neither to click any unsafe links in the email nor ask you to download any attachment. If there's any issue on your account, PayPal would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message center for more information.

For more information, please see How do I spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wjvision 

Just to add up, logging in to your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's any action waiting for you that is either displayed in the summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center.

I hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.