been scammed

UmarAhmed7867
New Community Member

i was scammed by some guy who told me to pay through friends and family.is there no way they can give my money back 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UmarAhmed7867 

Sorry, no because friends and family option is considered a 'gift' payment and there are no refunds or buyer protection for such payments. Must always use goods and services option when making purchases to hold seller accountable. Its a red flag when a seller asks you to use friends and family option.

If you paid by credit card, you may try to dispute through card issuer but no guarantees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UmarAhmed7867 

Sorry, no because friends and family option is considered a 'gift' payment and there are no refunds or buyer protection for such payments. Must always use goods and services option when making purchases to hold seller accountable. Its a red flag when a seller asks you to use friends and family option.

If you paid by credit card, you may try to dispute through card issuer but no guarantees.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.