been charged to receive money from friend

aphrodite2409
Contributor
Contributor

I was supposed to receive a payment for £75 however I only received £69.97 and it was from a friend. Also I am confused by the fact that when i was sent an email saying i had received a payment it was quoted quoted it in euros. I contacted the sender and they told me that PayPal said there is a Euro currency conversion tool on my account and this is why this has happened I.e. transaction calculated in Euros then into pounds and there is a charge for this. PayPal told my friend I will need to contact them to change settings on your account . I am not aware of such conversion I have never requested this, I can see nothing in my account hence cannot change it.  I have been trying all day to contact PayPal both via phone, email and online chat but no one responds, I am going round in circles.  I have never asked for any money received to be converted to euros

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aphrodite2409 

Are you sure they didn't send using the goods/services option instead of friends/family so you got a fee?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.