am i getting scam?

reinhard-nate
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Today  I sent 2 pairs of shoes to the buyer including with tracking number and the buyer has sent me the money through paypal,however, after awhile. Paypal has sent me an email stated that my account has a limitation, and it required to buyer to send me 600 extra to expand my account which he did. After he sent me the money, paypal said that I would have to purchase 6 cards of steam value with cost 100 dollars. Or else my money will be hold and wont go through

I feel really sketchy about this and believed its scam, Im just wondering if I could stop the transit of my parcel from Canada post?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @reinhard-nate,

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forums. What you've described does not sound like a legitimate sale. PayPal would never ask our users to purchase any kind of gift card to remove a limitation from their account. Any limitation would be able to be seen through your Resolution Center. Also, any transaction received would show in your PayPal Activity even if there was a hold placed on it. Here are a few resources I recommend taking a look at:

What are common scams and how do I spot them?

How do I receive money through PayPal?

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

In the mean time, I would recommend reaching out to Canada Post to see if you can stop transit of that item. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.