Your PayPal has been limited

summer111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have received two emails with the title Your PayPal has been limited, the content of the email is below. I have never had anything like this before, do you think it is genuine? Many thanks

Our system has detected unusual changes in the credit card linked to your PayPal account. To unlock your account, you need to verify your PayPal to prove that you have done nothing wrong.
Click on the link below to unlock PayPal. Unlock Your Account PayPal will automatically unlock after finishing the account verification as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @summer111 

the link is fraudulent /

[!] I remind you that it is simple to verify that an email is true, and that it comes from PayPal.

The procedure is simple, you transfer it (not copy / paste, but transfer to ...) to spoof@paypal.fr or spoof@paypal.com
within 24 hours the automatic PayPal server will confirm by email that
'it is true or not.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @summer111 

the link is fraudulent /

[!] I remind you that it is simple to verify that an email is true, and that it comes from PayPal.

The procedure is simple, you transfer it (not copy / paste, but transfer to ...) to spoof@paypal.fr or spoof@paypal.com
within 24 hours the automatic PayPal server will confirm by email that
'it is true or not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@summer111 

Its a spoof, NEVER USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

summer111
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the assistance.

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@summer111 

and attention, the link is the theft of the password of the paypal account  !  ( email and password )
above, it's a fake paypal site

Login to Me Too

ARTZ2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, you've given great advice but unfortunately like a donut I should've read this before reacting to the email. What should I do if I've opened this same email & attachment? Should I shut the entire paypal acc down?? Thank Tia
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ARTZ2020 

Did you enter any personal information or log in when you clicked the link?

If so then change your password AND security questions asap and make sure your personal information is all correct on your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ARTZ2020
Contributor
Contributor
No I didnt log in using link, just opened it. But just be safe I've changed my password etc. Many thanks for your advice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.