You have just changed your password email

Perthmale
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone recently received an email supposedly from PayPal with the subject “you’ve just changed your password” It start off by saying hello and addresses me with my first and last name. I hadn’t changed my password but the email looks legit. I contacted PayPal and they confirmed that they did not send the email and that my account has not been compromised. I asked them how whoever sent the email got my first and last name and what was PayPal going to do to investigate the email. I asked this several times but PayPal gave no direct answer in fact all they did was dance around my questions. The phone number quoted in the email is a PayPal phone number but I did not dial it from the email I typed it in manually. I also changed my password before I contacted PayPal just in case my account had been compromised. Since PayPal has not been forthcoming with any real answers to my questions I don’t feel safe using my account or having card details stored in my account. I have copied the email below. Can anyone spot how this email is a fake. Hello, My fist name, My last name PayPal You've just changed your password If you didn't change your password, give us a call right away on <removed>. It's important to let us know so we can help prevent unauthorised people from accessing your account. Protect your password: Never share your password or security questions with anyone. Create passwords that are hard to guess and don't use personal information. Be sure to include upper case and lower case letters, numbers and symbols. Use different passwords for each of your online accounts. Sincerely, PayPal PayPal Help &amp; Contact | Security | Apps twitter instagram facebook linkedin PayPal is committed to preventing fraudulent emails. Emails from PayPal will always contain your full name. Learn to identify phishing Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch, go to the PayPal website and click Help &amp; Contact. How do I know this is not a fake email? Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name. Fake or "phishing" emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal member". If you're unsure, forward the suspicious email to (I had to remove the beginning of the email address so that I could submit my post. It was fishing spelt with a ph) @paypal.com.au and we'll let you know if it's really coming from us. Find out more about fake and phishing email Not sure why you received this email? Learn more © 1999-2020 PayPal. The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Any information provided is general only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read and consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before acquiring or using the service. PayPal PPC002048:1.3:6b0d065450ee4

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.