Would we want a personal or business paypal account?

johnb35
Contributor
Contributor

A couple of my friends and I created a forum online a couple years ago so there are 3 of us that would need access to the account.  We originally had setup a personal account to add funds to pay for forum renewals, addons, etc.  Evidently paypal changed something back in March of this year and we were unable to use any money in the account until we claimed it.  We were unable to claim it and use it.  The one that set it up was only able to transfer the money into his own personal account and then send me money to purchase website renewals today.   We don't want this to happen again.  What is needed to setup a business account to where we can have separate logins.  We just want to be able to transfer money from our own personal paypal accounts into this business account to purchase things related to our forum.  We don't need a business credit card or anything.  Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @johnb35,

Thank you for your post. If you want to upgrade to a Business account, the account would be associated with a business name and the person listed on the account currently would be the contact for the account. You can add multiple users with different permission levels to use the account with their own logins. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.